- News article: Oceanbites. Org, “Better together: Mutualisms contribute to reef fish recruitment”, by Rebecca Flynn. http://oceanbites.org/mutualisms-reef-fish-recruitment/. October 27th 2015.
- News Article: IFLScience. 'Coral reefs need cleaning too'. By Stephen Luntz. September 2 2015. http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/coral-reefs-need-cleaning-too/
- News article: Fish Channel, “Cleaner wrasse on reefs increase presence of juvenile damselfish”, by John B Virata. http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-news/2015/08/cleaner-wrasse-on-reefs-increase-presence-of-juvenile-damselfish-trending.aspx. September 10th 2015.
- News Article: UQ News. 'Fishy business: Cleaners with happy clients'. August 19 2015. https://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2015/08/fishy-business-cleaners-happy-clients
- News Article: Physorg.com. 'Presence of bluestreak cleaner wrasse increases the number of juvenile fish on reefs'. August 19 2015. http://phys.org/news/2015-08-presence-bluestreak-cleaner-wrasse-juvenile.html
- News Article: ABC Science. 'Reef fish like a home with a cleaner'. By Anna Salleh. August 19 2015. http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2015/08/19/4295627.htm?topic=enviro
- Article: Australasian Science. 'From cleaning fish to cleaner fish'. By Stephen Luntz. May 2013.
- News article: Live Science. 'Massages Relax Fish Too' By. Wynne Parry. November 15, 2011. http://www.livescience.com/17035-fish-massages-stress.html
- Online magazine: Cosmos Magazine. "Stressed fish love a good massage".By Georgia Leaker. November 15, 2011. http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/4983
- Radio interview: National Public Radio (USA). Loh Down on Science. "Spit Cocoons." By Sandra Tsing Loh. July 21, 2011. http://www.scpr.org/programs/loh-down-on-science//?page=11
- Online forum: Discovery Magazine. "The living tooth brushes that keep coral reefs healthy." By Ed Young. June 27, 2011. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/06/27/the-living-toothbrushes-that-keep-coral-reefs-healthy/
- TV show: Le Journale TV . Report and interview by Ana Pinto. TSR.ch. June 23, 2011.http://www.tsr.ch/video/info/journal-19h30/3226664-ne-une-biologiste-a-decouvert-que-les-poissons-seraient-sensibles-au-regard-d-autrui-comme-les-humains.html#id=3226664
- Radio interview: ABC Radio National, Queensland, Sydney. Interviews. June 15, 2011.
- New article: New Scientist Zoologger. "Patriarchal fish punish powerful females." By Michael Marshall. June 15, 2011.
- News article: Australian Geographic Magazine. By Jessica Campion. 2011.
- Online magazine: Yes Magazine: The Science Magazine for Adventurous Minds. "Mucous cocoons." By Megan Koop. March-April Issue (81), 2011. www.yesmag.ca
- News article: Australasian Science. "The fish cleaners." By Stephen Lutz. February, 2011.
- News article: Australasian Science. "Fish net protects sleeping fish from parasites." By Stephen Lutz. February, 2011.
- TV show: Channel 10, Scope. Children's tv show.
- News article: New Scientist. "Reef fish cocoons don't let the bedbugs bite." By Andy Cochlan. Novemeber 20, 2010.
- Paper: Raihani, Grutter, and Bsahry (2010) ranked “Must read” by Faculty1000, selected by Gabriele Sorci.
- Online forum: Nature.com "The Great Beyond - Fish's mucous sleeping bag stops bedbugs biting." November 17, 2010. http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/2010/11/fishs_mucous_sleeping_ bag_stop_1.html
- News article: Australasian Science. "Cleaner Fish Revealed." by Stephen Lutz. 2010
- Online magazine: Kopalinia Wiedzy. "Sluzowa moskitiera." by Anna Blonska. November 18, 2010. http://kopalniawiedzy.pl/papugoryby-wargaczowate-spoczynek-sluzowy-kokon-oslona-pasozyty-Chlorurus-sordidus-Alexandra-Grutter,11871
- Online magazine: Schleimiger Schlafsack. "Geheimnis um Fischkokon gelüftetv." by Christoph Fröhlich. November 24, 2010. http://weltderwunder.de.msn.com/mensch-und-natur-article.aspx?cp-documentid=155342351
- Online magazine: Dutch science online magazine. "Vissen slapen onder klamboe." by Marcus Werner. December 2, 2010. http://www.faqt.nl/uncategorized/vissen-slapen-veilig-onder-klamboe/
- Radio interview: ABC Local Radio Queensland. "Drive program." by Craig Zonca. November 17, 2010. http://www.abc.net.au/southqld/programs/southern_queensland_drive/
- News article: Science News. “DEET of the Sea.” by Rachel Ehrenberg. Nov.17, 2010. http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/65567/title/DEET_of_the_sea
- News article: ABC Science Online. Fish found making their own “mozzie” nets. Abbie Thomas. November 17, 2010. http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2010/11/17/3067968.htm
- Radio interview: ABCR Radio National AM. "Fishy buisness clue to human behavior." by Samanta Donovan. January 8, 2010. http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2010/s2787945.htm
- News article: Science News. "Reluctant Hero? Cleaner Fish Show It Pays to Be Selfless." January 12, 2010. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100107143907.htm
- News article: The Sydney Morning Herald . "Colourful way to fish for clients." by Debora Smith. August 23, 2009. http://www.smh.com.au/environment/colourful-way-to-fish-for-clients-20090822-eued.html
- News article: National Geographic News. "Cleaner Fish Wear 'Uniforms' to Advertise, Avoid Danger." by Christine Dell'Amore. August 20, 2009. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/08/090820-cleaner-fish.html
- News article: Australasian Science. "Cleaner fish uniforms stand out." by Stephen Lutz. August 2009.Download pdf
- News article: Thaindian News. "Cleaner fish wear 'uniforms' to signal their professions to clients." August 21, 2009. http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/health/cleaner-fish-wear-uniforms-to-signal-their-professions-to-clients_100235665.html
- News article: Physorg.com. "New research decodes the secret language of the sea." July 9, 2009. http://www.physorg.com/news166346318.html
- News article: Nature News. "Underwater cleaners keep the peace." by Matt Kaplan. http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080929/full/news.2008.1139.html September 29, 2008
- News article: New Scientist. "Cleaner fish calms fish with caress." by Nora Shultz. July 4, 2008.
- News article: Nature, Research Highlights, Biology: Changed in a flash, 450: 322-323, Published online 14 November 2007
- News article: Science, Editor's Choice, "Ecology: feasting on fish". http://www.sciencemag.org/content/vol314/issue5806/twil.dtl#314/5806/1659a vol: 314(5806) p. 1659. December 15, 2006.
- News article: Nature, Editor's Summary, "A clean-cut image" and News and Views: Animal behaviour: "Trust in Fish". By Lee Dugatkin. http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v441/n7096/edsumm/e060622-11.html June 22, 2006.
- News article: Nature, News at Nature, "Fussy fish prefer trustworthy cleaners". By J. Ruttiman and "Nosy Neighbors" By Lee Dugatkin. http://www.bioedonline.org/news/news.cfm?art=2619. June 21, 2006.
- News article: Science News, "Fishy reputations: Undersea watchers choose helpers that do good jobs". By Susan Milius. http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060624/fob3.asp, June 24, 2006.
- News article: ABC Science, "Fishing for the best cleaner". By Jacquie van Santen, http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1668581.htm, June 22, 2006.
- News article: Australasian Science. "Cleaner shrimps Dance to Advertise". By Stephen Luntz. http://control.com.au/bi2005/265Browse1.pdf June 2005, p.5.
- News article: ABC Science News "Dirty dancing gets fish out of trouble". By Judy Skatssonn. http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/enviro/EnviroRepublish_1141964.htm June 28, 2004
- News article: Science Now "Do-si-do" By Katie Green. http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/2004/622/1?maxtoshow =&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=grutter&searchid=1090455 819529_716@stored_search=&FIRSTINDEX=0
June 22, 2004
- News article: Nature - News and Views "Fish that go to the cleaners". By John Whitfield
Nature 421: January 30, 2003
- Documentary: ABC TV show Catalyst "Cleaner wrasse". May 23, 2002.
- Interview: Robyn Williams, ABC Science Show, http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/ss/stories/s132234.htm
July 1, 2000
- Online Forum: Science Week ABC Science Online Forum, “Fishy Business”
May 4, 2000
- News article: ABC Science News, "150 cleans a day keeps the parasites away"
6 May, 1999